EUA-CDE is looking for member universities to host the following events:
EUA-CDE Thematic Workshop
The EUA-CDE Thematic Workshop is open exclusively to EUA-CDE members and offers them an interactive platform to establish and intensify partnerships and to collaborate and exchange practices related to current trends and future challenges in doctoral education.
- Period: mid January
- Event days: Thursday and Friday
- Expected attendance: 120-150
EUA-CDE Annual Meeting
The Annual Meeting of EUA-CDE is the largest and most comprehensive gathering of professionals and experts working on doctoral education and research training. It is an opportunity to build new partnerships and exchange practices and interact with European and national policy makers, funding organisations, quality assurance agencies, global partners and other relevant stakeholders.
- Period: mid June
- Event days: Thursday and Friday, with pre-meeting workshop and reception on Wednesday afternoon
- Expected attendance: 200-250
EUA-CDE selects the hosts of its events through a Call for Host that is typically opened on a yearly basis. The hosts for the next edition are usually being selected in January of the year before (bid submission deadline in early December).
The hosts are expected to be EUA-CDE member universities, located in the EHEA and able to offer:
- An easily accessible location from across Europe (international airport hub)
- Plenary and breakout rooms equipped with audio-visual equipment
- Function areas for registration, catering and exhibition
- Venues for social programme (e.g. reception, dinner)
- Stable Wi-Fi network
- Facilities for streaming and video recording
- Technical support during the event
- Support staff for the preparation and the duration of the event
- Student helpers during the event
- Hotels, preferably within walking distance of the event venue
- Local transport, if necessary
Applications need to be submitted by the EUA-CDE member university. Applications sent by convention bureaus or conference centres will not be considered. There is a preference to organise EUA events at the university’s premises. EUA-CDE takes into account geographic balance in deciding upon the location of its events, as well as ease of access.
Guidelines with the specific requirements and division of responsibilities for these events are available via the links below. If you are interested to host any of the above events, please contact email@example.com. We will be happy to send you the template for submitting a full bid.
The call is now closed.